Friday, April 07, 2006

yoga

Today I went to yoga. I haven't been in a long time and it felt really great to go again; I've missed it.

Today's class was great. First, I managed to do the Tripod Headstand pose. That's big for me because although I can do shoulder stands I stink at headstands, can't do crow worth a dime and generally have an unpleasant time trying to do arm supported inversions. It actually turned out to be very comfortable.

The other pose we did that I loved was the Standing Child's pose. It was so comfortable...amazing. You put your feet together, squat down with your arms wrapped between your knees and try to get your ribs to touch your thighs. Sounds hard but it really was not too bad at all.

Did a LOT of chatarungas (sp?) (this was a Vinyasa class) and my poor arms are aching. That will teach me to not go for almost a month.

I love the energy that comes out of this class and really get so much out of it. Plus today three of the other women and I went to *buck$ for tea and conversation. We had a great chat about organic food and baking, etc. It was so nice to connect with them on a different level.

No comments: