Thursday, April 06, 2006

un-frazzled

Just came back from Stitch Sisters. If ever there was a recipe for unfrazzling, sitting in a room with a bunch of friends and knitting is it. Lowers blood pressure, reduces cholesterol and elevates endorphins. Folks, I am not making this stuff up. I feel sooo much better now.

I worked on my afghan. It's made up of squares from Knitting Nonsense. I am knitting them to spell out someone's name (I'm not saying who). It's taking longer than I expected; in part because I am a very sloooow knitter (well, that and lack of time). I thought I might have the first one done by Christmas. I started in January. I just cast on my fourth square. I need 35, you do the math.

After Stitch Sisters I pickup D up from Dress Rehearsal for the school play, came home and discovered...taa daaa!...my bread rose! For the third time! YAAAAAY! As I type it is baking in the oven, smelling delicious. Hopefully it will also taste delicious. Not that I intend to repeat that experiment any time soon but at least I know it can be done.

As soon as the bread comes out of the oven I am off for bed. As we say in our family, "I am gepoopinde."

No comments: