Sunday, April 02, 2006

birthday pancakes

D's birthday party seems to have been a huge success if the tornado-strewn contents of the house are any indication. I went to bed at 10:30, they stayed up. And up...and up...and up. Woke me at 4:30 am with all the giggling and shrieking. I confess that I went over and said, "You woke me, it's 4:30, I'm cranky, GO-TO-SLEEP!" Mysteriously they all did just that.

This morning it was pancakes for breakfast. I think these were a hit mostly because there were none left. I can't tell you how they tasted since I didn't get any; the savages sweet darlin's ate them all.

Recipe:

2 C. of mixed grain flour (I used flour left over from the weeks baking of ezekiel muffins and whole wheat/spelt breads)
1 1/2 T. sucanat
1 T. baking powder
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
water to make a batter

cook as pancakes. Yummm (I think)

No comments: