Tuesday, April 11, 2006

out of hibernation

With the warmer weather I've been spending more time in the garden. Clearing away the detritus of winter, snipping things where necessary, pulling the ever-obnoxious weeds that are already waging war in the garden.

As I've emerged from my winter hibernation so have my neighbors. Slowly we are starting to see each other outside. Fertilizing trees, raking thatch, just glorifying in the warm breezy sunshine. It's wonderful to be able to see people in the yard again and not feel so isolated.

Today was a beautiful sunny warm slightly breezy day. Perfect for being in the yard. I see that the bedstraw has already started it's invasion. As I clear away leaf mulch it pops up to greet me.

I didn't get as much done as I had planned mostly because D came out and invited me to play hopscotch with her. We spent a lot of time looking for potsies. Then drawing the board. It was a fun game but eventually we had to stop because it was time to make dinner. We both need to practice our throwing skills and I should probably work on hopping better. D really boingy-bounces, I sort of half-walk/hop. It was still a lot of fun to play together.

No comments: