Wednesday, May 18, 2005

tag time

There's another meme going around, this one involving books. Niina sent it to me. Here goes:

Total number of books in your house
Well...794 that belong to me and my husband. That doesn't include the four bookshelves and three boxes that belong to the kids. Itsalotta books! After I counted I asked Steve to guess, he came close at 675. Lots of science fiction, lots of craft books, lots of gardening books, LOTS of cookbooks, several dictionaries/reference/language books, a wide ranging collection.


The last book you bought
Salesforce for Dummies. Lame, I know, it was for work, but it was the last book I bought.

The last book you read
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. Fabulous book!!!

5 (or 6) books you read often or that mean a lot to you
Oooh, this is a toughie. Hard to pick just a few but I think this is my top top list:

1. The Golden Key by Melanie Rawn, Jennifer Roberson, and Kate Elliott. Amazing,
amazing, amazing. Now I've got my oldest hooked on it too, she's reading it for
the first time and is absolutely enthralled.
2. Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein
3. The Foundation Novels by Isaac Asimov
4. Darkover - anything written or edited by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I read my first
book by her when I was a teenager, Hawkmistress. I think it was the first book
that really hooked me on the genre.
5. The Shell Seekers by Rosamund Pilcher. There's just something about this story
that really appeals to me.

Who are you going to pass this to and why?

Well, first my Mom. I'm hoping she'll answer it. Mostly because I've made a private guess as to how many books she owns and I want to know how close I am (we're talking 4 digit numbers here)

Second to my friend Sue who is a huge book loving person -- she just sent me a paperback summer reading book chain, if you're interested in participating let me know and I'll send you a letter *grin*.

And to The Manolo because I know he reads a lot.

No comments: