Sunday, May 15, 2005

attic ventures

It's been threatening to rain all day. Since we all know that I hate to garden in the rain I decided to turn my attention to the attic -- which sorely needs it.

Every spring I start to organize the attic. By the time summer rolls around I have stopped paying so much attention to the attic and working more in the garden. Needless to say the attic never gets completely organized and sorted.

Then winter rolls around. The attic gets so cold in the winter that anything that needs to be stored in there is stored by the simple expedient of opening the door, finding the closest available space (usually the floor), depositing said item and leaving as quickly as possible. This means that when spring rolls around again the attic is an unholy mess.

Happens every year and this year is no exception. I have spent almost the entire afternoon in the attic. Sorting, correctly organizing, and rearranging. It looks a lot better. The room next to it, unfortunately, is a mess because a number of items have been found that need to be put back into place in the house. Who knows, maybe this will be the year that I actually finish organizing the attic. Then the challenge will be to keep it that way.

No comments: