Sunday, May 01, 2005

library lunch

This afternoon I went to a luncheon that the library held for volunteers. I had been expecting a light tea type of affair. Instead there was a lovely luncheon spread and an amazing collection of delicious fresh-baked goodies.

It was so nice to sit and chat with all the different volunteers. Usually the ones I see are the ones that volunteer at the same events that I do. During those events we are far too busy setting up and managing the event to actually converse about anything else. This provided a great opportunity to get to know some of them better. It's quite astonishing to realize just how many volunteers there are in this small community that support our wonderful library.

While I was there I did manage to grab Lisa, who heads up the Book and Barn Sale, to get her to unlock the barn so that I could offload all the leftovers from the Kitchen Swap. In return I somehow found myself agreeing to help with the Friday night pre-auction. Should be a lot of fun, but luckily it's in August so I have some time to prepare.

No comments: