Sunday, June 12, 2005

a week of music

I'm about to bake a batch of brownies with D for her piano recital this week. It's going to be a busy music week. Tuesday she also has her choir recital. Sunday S has a piano recital.

I love this time of year. It's wonderful to sit in the audience and watch all of these students so earnestly playing or singing the pieces they have worked so hard on. It's my reward for a year of driving and paying for lessons. I love watching them all so scrubbed and shiny as they play or sing their beautiful music. So many different pieces. Of course I know almost all of the kids so that helps make it even more enjoyable. Not only is it my children, but it's their friends and peers as well. All the parents chat together afterwards about how amazing the performance is and how much the children have grown over the last year, it's a communal bonding kind of thing.

No comments: