Thursday, June 02, 2005

tink again

My Aunt Carol claims that a ball of yarn is a fabulous investment for her. She knits and re-knits it so many times until she gets just the right thing. Well, I must be starting to take after her because tonight at Stitch Sisters (where they had a birthday cake for yours truly...thank you wonderful caring women that you are) I saw a baby blanket being made and fell in love with the pattern. I decided that it would make a fabulous shawl. So I will be shredding unknitting the current shawl to make the following:

Vine Lace Pattern

multiples of 8 +3

Row 1 = k3, *yo, k2, skp, k2t, k2, yo, k1, repeat to end
Row 2 = purl
Row 3 = k2, *yo, k2, skp, k2t, k2, yo, k1, repeat to end
Row 4 = purl

skp mean slip 1 stitch, knit 1 stitch, pass the slipped stitch over
k2t means knit two together

I'm not sure how this will work out because according to my math row 3 isn't "even" but I will trust in the pattern I was given because it looked beautiful. If it doesn't work I'll just bring it to Stitch Sisters and have them help me figure it out.

No comments: