Friday, June 10, 2005

rains a'comin'

It's been so hot and humid all week I feel like I'm going to melt. I've actually worn flip flops to work (I'm lucky I can do that) to help keep my feet feeling cool. It's actually pretty funny to listen to all of us flip-flopping all over the office.

Today on the way to drop D at school I saw a sign that one of the school groups wants to have a car wash this weekend. Unfortunately the weather forecast is for massive thunderstorms on Saturday and Sunday. Somehow I don't think anyone's going to need to have their car washed, they can just leave it outside. Truthfully at school car washes I think there's more kid washing than car washing going on. After all if you get together a group of kids with hoses, sponges, water and friends it's a little too tempting to wash each other instead of the cars.

The humidity factor has been in the upper 90% the last few days so hopefully the rain will at least help cause that to drop to more comfortable levels.

No comments: