Thursday, June 09, 2005

stitchin' away

Stitch Sisters was, as always, wonderful. S went with me so that she could work on beading projects for some friend birthdays. I really enjoy her commpany at these gatherings, it's so nice to be able to share this with her and everyone there adores her.

It was wonderful that Hope was there, I haven't seen her in quite a while. She brought some show-and-tell items including a Debbie Bliss baby sweater (her second sweater ever!!) that was gorgeous.

I made some more progress on Hoodie. Unfortunately it's been a REALLY busy week so the last time I did any work on it was...you guessed it, last Stitch Sisters. Of course I console myself with the thought that because I am working the front and the back at the same time it takes a l-o-n-g time to complete one row. Plus I'm changing yarn every 4-6 rows which doesn't help me as far as speed goes either.

In reading a lot of other knitting blogs I have decided that I am, of necessity, a process knitter. Firstly because I am probably thw world's slowest knitter. But secondly because I really enjoy the peacefulness of knitting and have no desire to speed through it. Of course it doesn't help that my project list is longer than my arm and continuing to grow but I am at least more organized now having shrunk my on-the-needle list to 8 projects (not including the fabric purse. I STILL need to get my butt downstairs and finish putthing those strips together *sigh*). Plus I've been very organized about writing down my wish-to-do list so that I can keep track of what I'm doing. Because I'm such a slow knitter I confess that there hasn't been much of a dent in the stash at the moment but we're getting there. Plus I'm hoping for a lot of knitting at the beach time once school is out.

No comments: