Sunday, March 25, 2007

whitethorn woods

I recently read

and liked it very much. I have always liked Maeve Binchy's books, I find them to be a light, enjoyable read, perfect for travel or summer reading.

This one just happened to be on the shelf at my library so I grabbed it. One of the reasons I liked it so much is because she creates such great characterizations. You really feel like you understand them even if their appearance is only for a few pages. The other is because this particular book is written in vignette style, something that she does very well. Following the threads of the story through the intersecting lives of the characters is very entertaining. This was a good book, my only regret is that I finished it because I honestly could have kept reading if there were more to the story.

No comments: