Friday, March 16, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday




I haven't participated in this for a while but do enjoy going through and reading other people's recipes at Overwhelmed with Joy...lots of good ideas there.

Since we are having a party tomorrow I'm going to share one of my favorite party recipes. I'm not serving it tomorrow only because we have so much food already that it would be overkill. This may sound really disgusting but it truly is wonderful and people just gobble these down.

Texas Meatballs

In a slow cooker combine:

100 meatballs (the small appetizer ones, obviously)
1 can Hormel chili no beans
1 jar grape jelly

cook on low for at least 2 hours

Serve!

Yum!!

4 comments:

Annie said...

I believe you when you say this is good, I just can't imagine it. I have used the grape jelly for the sauce before but never the chili.
I'll have to try this one out.
blessings~
Annie

FamilySnows said...

Sounds wonderful, I have had something similar but it was a long time ago. Thanks for posting this recipe!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Sounds great!

Linda

Overwhelmed! said...

Mira, I'm so glad you decided to join us this week. :) Your Texas meatball recipe looks fantastic! I'll be adding it to my menu this week.

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.