Sunday, March 18, 2007

grains of gratitude

I have so much to be grateful for today (and everyday). Here are a just a few:

*My wonderful daughter, V. At 18 she has become an amazing young woman. I consider myself so fortunate to be her mother and am thrilled at the future laid out in front of her and her enthusiasm for it.

*My wonderful family who came out in droves to help us celebrate. And all of the dishes they helped wash!

*My sweet daughter S who couldn't make it home due to the weather. She was so bummed and has called several times each day to talk with everyone and still be part of the celebrations.

*My other cutie pie, D, who has been helping to clean up, fold blankets, etc after the guests have left.

*The sunshine!!

*My neighbor who invited us down to see the twin baby goats at their farm (D even got to hold one). Two sets of adorable twins. We fed the horses and dog (?) carrots, let the baby goats nurse on fingers and listened to all the little meh meh meh noises.

*That I have so much leftover food I will not have to make dinner tonight.

1 comment:

K said...

Mira,
Guess what I had the pleasure of watching yesterday? A DVD that my FIL made from an old video that he had shot back in 99. It was Matthew's 4th birthday and the hired clown still hadn't arrived. There you are pulling out balloons and making balloon animals!!! It was so great to watch that. I can't believe it was 8 years ago though. The kids were so little! We are still just a beautiful as ever though. I don't know if I ever thanked you for "entertaining" that day. But it will always be a cherished memory. You are such a great person!!