Tuesday, March 06, 2007

stitchin' the night away

It was Stitch Sisters again tonight. Lots of giggles and companionship as always. We're all working on different things, hats, sweaters, socks, blankets. One sister didn't know how many to cast on for a particular hat. We had to make a Stitch Sisters Emergency Call(TM) to an absent sister. The answer is...32. Guesses had ranged from 58 to 86 - she'd be knitting a hat for an elephant there! Luckily she hadn't gotten too far before we found out the real number of stitches.

Me? I'm finishing the leaves for the pins. We're assembling them next week, whoo hoo!. I can't wait until we hand them over to the Ladies Luncheon Committee and see their reaction, I'm sure they are going to LOVE them. Then it's back to my sweater, I'm really thrilled about this and plan to finish it before summer so I can wear it at the beach.

It's funny, while we were sitting there so peaceably the conversation turned to tv. Apparently many of us have a fondness for this tv show which is on Tuesdays at 9:00. The time our meeting gets out. Hmmmm, maybe we need to get a tv in the church parlor. Then we could hang out knitting and watching the show. Not as much fun as knitting and talking together, but it would extend our meetings by an hour (always a good thing) and we could talk during commercials). Truthfully it's not gonna happen since I'm ready for jammies by 9:15 when I get home and I'm sure everyone else is too...I just like the idea of spending more time with my Stitch Sisters.

No comments: