Saturday, June 03, 2006

oh help

It has been raining for almost a week. I'm not complaining mind you because we need the rain and I'm sure at some point in the summer we're going to have no rain and that's going to be a bad thing.

But as some of you may recall I really don't like to garden in the rain. Between the rain, the extreme heat, and other factors I have not been in the garden for over a week and it really shows. As soon as the weather is decent I'm probably going to have to spend a good 6-8 hours cleaning up the fruit bed *sigh*. Who knows how long the rest of it will take.

The back garden? Don't even ask. The weeds have definitely won there. I'd like to win the lottery so I could pay someone to help me weed that sucker and redo the hardscaping there to make it more manageable (of course if I played that might help *grin*). I've tried the neighborhood kids. I'm offering $10 per hour and they still don't want to weed! What the heck is wrong with them?? Mine don't want to do it but that's because I'm their mother...I can understand that. Apparently the teens in my neighborhood aren't in need of cash, pity.

No comments: