Sunday, June 04, 2006

garden update

It looks like it's going to rain again later today so I made sure to get out into the garden to finally plant a few things.

The caraway, Korean sesame, and tomatoes are now nicely settled in their new bed. I did get some weeding done while I was out there but it didn't make as much of a dent as I thought it would.

Steve helped me pound some posts into the ground so that we could tie up the currant bushes. They are so full and heavy with fruit that they were falling over.

We also discovered that the bunny-pest that has been chewing holes in our fence is making more holes and helping himself to more and more plants. Obviously the fence we have is not strong enough to withstand his onslaught. Steve went to the hardware store to buy metal fencing and we'll start installing that tomorrow. My blueberries have been savaged of all of their new growth, I have approximately 1/3 of the sunflowers that I planted and somehow all of the weeds remain untouched (imagine that).

Hopefully the new fencing will do the trick, otherwise I may have to resort to this.

No comments: