Friday, September 29, 2006

stuff learned

I believe that learning is a lifetime endeavor. We should remember that learning does not just take place inside the four walls that represent school. There are opportunities to learn all the time and I try to set that example for my kids by sharing what I learn.

So today I thought I would share with anyone who reads my blog.

A good organic spray for your plants? Crush 375 mg aspirin into 1 T. cider vinegar and dilute into 1 gallon of water. Apparently the salicylates in the aspirin help act as a bug deterrent. Sounds worth a shot to me.

Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory agent as well as being quite tasty. My friend Rita shared that her mother used to mix turmeric with warm olive oil to make a paste to treat bumps and such with. Internet research shows that there are lots of studies done to investigate the effects of curcurmin (the active ingredient in turmeric) onpancreatic cancer, multiple myeloma, Alzheimer's, and colorectal cancer. Time to eat more curry.

No comments: