Thursday, September 14, 2006

book meme

This was an open tag from Owlhaven. Looked interesting so I decided to play.

Here are the instructions:
-Grab the book closest to you
-Open to page 123
-Scroll down to the 5th sentence
-Post the text of next 3 sentences on your blog
-Name of the book and the author
-Tag 3 people

The book right in front of me is English Words from Latin and Greek Elements by Donald M. Ayers.

Sentances 5-7:

9. Syracuse...had not only become inexpugnable but had assumed the aggressive. - Grote

10. The 1-9 season was powerful: it dispirited the team as well as the entire school, provoked twenty-eight fights, initiated nine lawsuits, and cost the coach his job. - William Mark

11. ...doors which were intended for (a) ingress and (b) egress, windows which were meant to give light. - John Addington Symonds

Three people I am tagging:

K - whatcha readin'?
Shannon because I'm curious about what she's reading too
Nina same reason and I wonder what language she's reading in

If you want to play you can pretend I tagged you, just say it's 3a.

1 comment:

owlhaven said...

inexpugnable-- now there's one I didn't know yet!!

Mary