Saturday, September 23, 2006

any passing gypsies?

Hmmmmm. In the way of the blog-o-sphere I read this post which I got from somewhere else. Don't really remember how I got there but it's not important.

It reminded me of this post which I had gotten from this post which inspired me to write this post.

I know that sometimes people think I do so much when somehow I feel I don't do enough. Yes I can jams and pickles, yes I bake bread. But that's just one aspect of my life and one that is important to me. Yes I have three children and people who have 1 or 2 frequently tell me that they can't comprehend the chaos that three bring. Well, truthfully it's what I've got so it's what I deal with. I often wonder how people who have more deal with theirs.

Today it it all hitting home again. As we go through the doldrums of daily life. Wondering why the kids seem to be unable to complete chores that have been assigned since they were 8 (the two still at home are 12 and 17) or pick up after themselves. Why I am feeling unable to stay on top of everything in my life at the moment (especially the look-at-her-she-balances-so-much-what's-wrong-with-me scenario).

I'm realizing that this is all cyclical. There are times when I feel like I have it all under control, although that is not often. It also highlights that the public reality is so very different from the private reality. But since all we see is the public view we take that at face value.

As I was talking to a friend today I was telling her how I was willing to sell my kids for 50 cents...for the pair. Her response was that the gypsies could have hers for free. We both laughed and through the conversation came to the realization that while things may not be perfect it is what it is. I'm trying hard to remember that.

No comments: