Saturday, September 23, 2006

dinner tonight

Was so delicious that it got rave reviews from my pickiest child. I was so surprised by her approval of the meal that I decided to post it along with the recipes. Please let me know if you try it and what your crew thinks.

Crockpot chicken something

Unfortunately the credit for this recipe belongs to someone out in blogland (if you read this and it looks like you please let me know so I can give you credit). I wrote the recipe down, converted it for the crockpot and the results were delicious.

One whole chicken (although you could use parts)
1 heaping T. ranch dressing powder
1/4 C. olive oil
1/4 C. Braggs Liquid Aminos
1/4 C. cider vinegar

place chicken breast side up in crockpot
sprinkle with dressing powder
mix together liquids and pour over chicken
cook on low 10 hours

Black Bean Salad

1 15 oz can black beans drained
corn kernels cut off one ear of cooked corn
1 large tomato diced
2 T. recaito (I get mine in the Hispanic grocery)

mix together and serve

This was served with a cooked sweet potato. It was a colorful and tasty meal.

No comments: