Tuesday, August 08, 2006

tackle it tuesday



I have resisted joining in because...well I don't know why. But yesterday I tackled such a huge job that I knew I had to join here. We are in the process (don't ask me why because again...I don't know why) of rearranging several (five to be exact) spaces in our home. Some of them had to be done at the same time because we were flipping one room for another. Example: S's room became the guest room and the guest room became S's room. Never mind that two floors separate them and all the lugging and heaving up and down stairs of furniture. This necessitated the play room (next to S's new room) becoming an overflow room.

Then D wanted S's old room, the new guest room. Luckily (or not depending on your point of view) she decided that if we rearranged her room, swapped out some furniture and reorganized things she liked her room just fine, thank you very much. Then V got into the act and decided to reorganize her room. The office became the overflow area for their rooms. As you can see I'm going to have LOTS of Tackle It posts coming up.

A very long explanation to get to what I did. With the help of my dear friend Holly I now have a cleared out and reorganized one-half of the playroom. We purged while we were at it and the back of my minivan is full of junk to go to the dump today. I feel so good about getting rid of old papers, little bits and pieces of stuff I don't need and making the space more usable and organized. Holly was amazing, encouraging me to get rid of stuff, helping me sort and organize it's great. I still have a long way to go in there but now you can walk into the room, sit down on the sofa and get to the stuff on the shelves. WOW.

If you want to play along go visit 5 minutes for mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're doing something similar here! Doesn't it feel good? Way to go on all your hard work!

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

I'm so glad you decided to join "Tackle It Tuesday". It adds a bit of extra fun to those huge task when you can share your success with friends.

What a huge lot of work swapping all those rooms. But it's great that you could get so much done all at once.

Congratulations!

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

WOW, that's alot of work!!! We need to do the same thing with my daughters room, but I have been resisting! She has a REAL problem with parting with things she does not play with...so I got a toy hanging thing, so at least SOME of the stuff will be off the floor! So GOOD FOR YOU!!!