Wednesday, August 09, 2006

puppy treats

Oh...My...Goodness!!! Girls are just too funny. D and E decided that they needed something to do. So far this sleep-over week we've done pizza on the beach, gone shopping for supplies to decorate a photo box, eaten at Wendy's (urg), chased Tobi, sparkler dancing, hanging out in the tree house and a picnic lunch.

While I was on the phone the came up with a really fun idea! Making a cake for Tobi! The next thing I know they're asking where ingredients are, I hear my KitchenAid whirring away and I'm not sure what I'm going to find. Next question...how long do you preheat an oven? What temperature do you bake a dog cake at?

Near as I can tell the ingredients are dog food, water, egg, bacos, and oatmeal. They're making a two layer cake with peanut butter in the middle. Oooh, yum. LOL. I hope that the dog likes it.

update: He loved it! The girls took it outside on a plate with a "candle" in it (a rawhide twist stick dipped in peanut butter). He wolfed the treat down in less than thirty seconds and then spent 10 minutes licking the grass looking for crumbs. I guess that means it was a success.

No comments: