Tuesday, August 08, 2006

farm day

Today was farm day. D's friend E is visiting from out of state for a few days and so she went with us. She was much more excited about picking things and cutting the flowers than D is. I guess the novelty has worn off for D after doing this so often. Not for me but then again I'm not a teenager.

In today's lovely collection: sun gold cherry tomatoes, sun flowers, green beans, wax beans, a bouquet of mixed flowers, swiss chard, potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes, lettuce, beets, kohlrabi, mmmmmmmmm. Lots of lovely fresh food. Even E noticed the difference as we all happily munched the green beans on the way home. I know I'm getting back on my soap box here but I am still amazed at how wonderful it is to buy local, fresh, organic food. So much tastier, to much better for you. Plus we're helping to support a farmer, show the kids where our food really comes from, and get a back-to-nature break at least once a week. All good stuff.

No comments: