Saturday, April 30, 2005

kitchen swap

This afternoon I held a Kitchen Swap at my house. I invited a lot of friends to bring anything from their kitchen that they no longer wanted, needed, or could use to my house. If someone else brought something that they wanted they could have it. Anything left over at the end of the day to go to our town library's Book and Barn Sale.

The gathering was a success. Several people couldn't attend but they dropped stuff off, happy to be able to purge their kitchens without guilt and without having to have a tag sale. Everyone who came had a great time "shopping". It was also a nice opportunity to sit and enjoy each other's company for a couple of hours.

We got a surprising range of things from an electronic wok to a juicer to fancy baking molds and much more. I personally got rid of a lot of stuff, including several cookbooks I no longer use, and in return picked up a set of skewers, two pretty candle holders, and a bud vase. I was very pleased that I restrained myself on several items because the purpose was to clean out not to accumulate more.

Now the back of the car is loaded up and tomorrow it's off to the library.

No comments: