Sunday, April 24, 2005

bias tape??

I have just recently learned about making your own bias tape. Although I know what bias tape is and I have even used it on occasion it never occurred to me to consider making my own.

At Sitch Sisters I was complaining about all of the strips that I am having to sew together to make this fabric purse....which I am getting more and more impatient to start on because I have been thinking about it so much.

Well...

Wendy mentioned that perhaps I should just make bias tape out of the fabric and then I wouldn't need to do all that sewing. Darn...now I find out. *sigh* there are still quite a number of pieces to sew together, but at least I'll know for next time. And this piece of knowledge makes it much more likely that there will be a next time.

No comments: