Sunday, March 20, 2005

yarn un-diet

I broke down and bought yarn. But it wasn't for me, does that count? I was actually very good because I was tempted. The shop that I went to was having a 15% off sale on any green yarn for this month in honor of St. Patrick's Day. There was an awful lot of green yarn and yarns with green in them arranged in very fetching displays.

My friend Christina offered to buy and hold for me if I really wanted her to. But I was good, I only bought what I wanted for a gift and bought nothing for myself. The yarns were pretty. There was even a fabulous alpaca that I sat there petting for a while. Luckily that one was not in green otherwise I might have broken down and bought personal yarn.

On the project front we are closer and closer to finishing the hat. I've decided the perhaps the fingerless gloves may not have to be finished now since by the time I finish them it will be summer! After I am done with the hat I will inventory and see exactly how many projects I have left.

Still s-l-o-w-l-y stitching all of the strips together for the fabric purse that I plan to knit. The slowness is more due to a lack of time to really sit there and just stitch than a lack of desire because I really do want to work on that project. *sigh* too many projects and not enough free time.

No comments: