Wednesday, March 30, 2005

bulbs and butterflies

I did go outside and do some gardening. More like garden cleaning actually but I was outside in the garden and that's what really counts. While I was outside I saw the first bulb flower. A pretty purple crocus near the house. So cheery and bright, I was thrilled.

Then S noticed a butterfly floating gently around the front of the yard. It was so sweet to see it. And rather surprising actually, I didn't think they'd be out yet.

Lots of wildlife today actually because on the way to school D and I saw a very large wild turkey by the side of the road. It was a little flustered by all of the traffic whizzing by but didn't seem inclined to move away from the edge of the road. I'm not that good at guessing but if I had to guess I'd say it was somewhere around a 15-18 pounder. Of course now that Thanksgiving is over we'll see lots of wild turkeys around. Somehow they dissappear at the beginning of November and reappear after the first of the year.

No comments: