Wednesday, March 30, 2005

sunshine and snakes

68 beautiful fahrenheit degrees today. The sun is shining and there are whispy white clouds in a baby blue sky. It truly feels like spring. We opened the windows at the office and I didn't even need to wear my spring jacket home (I had worn it to the office this morning because it was a little damp feeling outside).

Miss Chloe, our snow-plow-growling cat, has proven herself to be a fierce hunter. She brought a snake onto the deck and dropped it off before parading around for praise and petting. It's a small garter snake, only about 12-14 inches long. Using a piece of paper and a wooden spoon handle I was able to lift it up and carry it back to the garden. It does have a small wound in it's side but hopefully it will survive.

I'm thinking that perhaps I need to run outside for a preliminary weeding/clearing session. Spring appears to have sprung.

No comments: