Friday, May 26, 2006

things are achangin'

Lately I seem to have been on a blog kick. Finding more and more new blogs that I really enjoy and want to read. But there are only so many hours in a day and I need to focus on those things that benefit my family (like, oh, laundry?? meals?). So I am slowly winnowing out my blogs to get them down to a more reasonable level.

One thing I have discovered is that as much as I love the crafting blogs a number of them are probably not going to remain on my list because they are for crafts that I don't do. And while I like them I would rather read my favorite knitting blogs, mommy blogs, etc. Of course the comics/pictures stay (Sherman rocks!) but that's because they are a quick read.

As I was making coming to the realization that I have too many blogs I came to understand that it's almost a metaphor for how I sometimes live my life. Get over-involved with too many projects/good causes and feel overwhelmed but somehow feel that it is unacceptable to let anything go. As if I am somehow failing by admitting that I cannot volunteer for five different committees and take care of my family and house and find a smidgeon of time for myself. By focusing on my priorities husband, kids, house I will ultimately be less stressed and we'll all be happier. It's great to want to give and do for others but you have to make sure you and yours are taken care of first.

Okay, off my soapbox, thanks for reading.

No comments: