Monday, May 29, 2006

garden book meme

My Mom has started a meme (she said propigate--can you tell she's a gardener?) over on her website and asked me to participate. I think this is a free-for-all so if you like gardening and like books join in!

How many gardening books do you own?
89 - seems like a puny collection compared to my Mom and her friends but it is HUGE comparred to most people I know

What are your five favorites?
What Plant Where, I find this to be a very useful book when trying to figure out how to put things together or figuring out why it's not growing properly.

Reader's Digest Illustrated Guide to Gardening, I seem to refer to this one over and over, it's so easy to understand and is a very useful book.

Gardener's World of Bulbs, (and not just because my Mom wrote it, really) I love the pictures and the information in this book. I pull it out just to look through the pictures sometimes and to read snippets here and there; I like the way she writes (read her Garden Diary to see for yourself).

Nature Notes of the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady, I love pulling down this book from time to time and reading through the current season, month, week, whatever. Every now and then I think that I should write my own notes (or even have my kids do it too) to showcase the differences between then and now but somehow it never seems to happen...perhaps one day.

The Kitchen Garden, (I have the earlier version than the link shows) I really like this book, the pictures, the way it's laid out. I dream of one day having a garden that all comes together so nicely. Of course now that I've stopped growing vegetables that probably won't happen in this garden but who knows what the future holds.


What is your most recent garden book purchase?
ummmmmmmm...it's been so long since I've purchased one that I really don't know.

No comments: