Tuesday, May 16, 2006

taxi!

Did a little chauffeuring this afternoon. Had to pick D up from babysitting and take her to piano practice. She got paid for babysitting and left it in the car while she was at piano. Once we got home I told her, "Remember your money, otherwise the next person to drive the car get it."

She gasped in surprise.

As she was getting ready to get out of the car I pretended to pick it up. She yelled, "Mama!"

"What no tip? After all the driving I have done for you? For free! With the price of gas these days??"

"When you're old and I have to drive you around for free gas will probably be $20 per gallon." She told me.

She may be right. It was a very funny interchange. But I hope we have a better answer to energy consumption well before we get to that point.

No comments: