Wednesday, April 25, 2007

wfmw - magazine recipes

It's Works for Me Wednesday again. Don't forget to check out all the wfmw goodness at Rocks In My Dryer.

I have a rather impressive collection of food magazines. Some of them are Cooking Light from when I had a subscription. Quite a few are Bon Appetit or Gourmet or that ilk collected from my library's Free Magazine basket. If you have magazines you don't want you bring them to the library. Take the ones you want, keep as many as you like. That works for me (hey, this is turning into a twofer).

My biggest problem with the food magazines is remembering which recipe is where. Such as my favorite Texas Chocolate Cake from Cooking Light. I know I could go online and print another copy but the waste of paper really bothers me. So after I've read a food magazine and decided to keep it I write down all of the recipes I like and their page number on an index card and staple the card to the cover of the magazine. The collection has gotten so big that my next step is to organize them by season instead of by magazine and put each season in it's own magazine box. It makes finding favorite recipes quick and easy. It works for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to have this problem too. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle Constantinescu said...

Hey, that's a great idea! I have all these food magazines, and I don't want to just rip out the good pages - seems like sacrilege. Especially those Taste of Home mags that are so full of stuff. I am, however, going to have to whittle down my recipe cupboard. Takes up a whole kitchen cabinet, darnit.