Sunday, April 22, 2007

laundry

Those of you who know me know that I am a bit silly about laundry. Having said that the first load of the year is hanging on the line. Waving in the breeze. I just love fresh laundry not-from-the-dryer.

A while back my mom shared an interesting article with me from the New York Times about laundry. Unfortunately it is no longer available for free, but if you have an NYT account you can access the article.

As I may or may not have mentioned, in my neighborhood it is against the rules to hang your laundry outside. Luckily for me I have a rather large screened in porch so that's where I hang my laundry. It helps to protect it from bugs and light rain so that's great. Not so great when we want to sit out there and enjoy the porch and the laundry is in the way. That seems to be the battle of the season but somehow we manage to make it all work out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just can't imagine living in a neighborhood where being environmentally friendly is against the rules. To me, there is something very pleasing about seeing clothes on a line. Fortunately we live in a semi-rural area ~ no homeowner's association. Although, it might be nice for a "higher power" to keep our neighbor's untidiness in line ;-)