Saturday, February 26, 2005

visiting

I had a great day today; I went and visited my friends Sam and Meg who I have not seen in over a year. It was great to catch up with them live and in person instead of through letters and email and the occasional phone call. Made me realize how important it can be to actually see friends once in a while. I spent the entire day there, no kids, no housework, it was a really nice break.

On the way home I stopped for Chinese food. The place was packed and it took nearly twice as long for my order. It's a nice place, nice people, and they always give you extras. When I got home we had what my Nana used to call "free eating" and ate in front of the tv. After we ate it was easy to clean up. Then D and I snuggled on the sofa and watched more tv while S went to a babysitting job and V went upstairs to clean her room.

It was an emotionally very quiet day, not something you often find with three adolescents living in the house, a really good thing and something I appreciated very much.

No comments: