Thursday, February 17, 2005

baking day

I was in the mood to bake today. When I came home from work I pulled out my Kitchen Aid and started whipping up several desserts. First a pound cake. Followed by Pear Cranberry Muffins. And then a Gingerbread Pear Upside Down Cake. In case you hadn't guessed I had quite a few pears in the fridge that needed to be used up. So far we have tasted the pound cake and the muffins and they are delicious if I do say so myself. Luckily I have several other people living in the house who concur.

I've wrapped the Gingerbread Pear Upside Down Cake to freeze for later and bagged up the muffins. Depending on how many are left tomorrow afternoon I may freeze a few of those as well. The cake will probably not last long since the weekend is almost here. Besides toasted pound cake with jam makes a tasty (albeit fattening) breakfast. If I'm really feeling in the mood for a treat toasted pound cake with nutella is a great afternoon snack. Pound cake, a perfect food for any time of the day (or night).

No comments: