Wednesday, January 26, 2005

yogi yoga

Too relaxed when I came home from yoga class last night to blog this. It was a great class; I really like the teacher, Lara. She's such a good teacher and we do a lot of different and interesting things. Last night be we spent the first few minutes talking about all the different kinds/styles of yoga; we practice Hatha Yoga with a leaning toward Raja Yoga. Occasionally we do some meditation or energy work; it's all really good, very relaxing and excellent conditioning both physically and mentally.

Last night I realized a couple of things. In the two years that I have been taking yoga my flexibility has increased a lot. I can now bend completely in half and wrap my arms around my calves. Of course I'm more flexible in some directions than in others but that is a big improvement for me.

I'm still working on strength issues but I noticed for the first time that Downward Facing Dog is a comfortable position! That caught me by surprise because I remember when I first learned it I didn't like it. Amazing.

I wish I had the time to take the class twice a week but am glad that I can take it weekly and that it is right here in town.

No comments: