Wednesday, January 19, 2005

brrrrrr

This is the time of year where I start to dislike winter. Especially when there is no snow on the ground and everything looks bleak and stark in the landscape.

This morning as I was hauling the trash to the top of the driveway, it's Wednesday, it was a whole one degree fahrenheit. Lovely. And this was recycling week (we now only recycle every other week -- not sure why the trash company decided this but since they're the ones who pick up we have no choice) so that meant a couple of extra trips up the driveway. By the time I was done my breathing was all crackly, as if I had asthma. Luckily I had my loooooovely hand knitted items, perfect fit gloves from my host mother, a scarf from my sister-in-law and a humorous hat from my aunt. Thanks ladies!!! I'll have to try to see if I can get a decent picture of these things online later.

The woodburning stove can't keep up with the cold weather. The forecast is for even more wintry weather. Bleah!!!

No comments: