Sunday, March 12, 2006

Prayer for Peace

I recently came across this Prayer for Peace attributed to St. Francis of Assisi (1181-1226) and found myself so moved by it that I decided that I needed to put it somewhere.

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.
Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

I guess this means that this is the restart of my attempts at blogging. This time I'm not sure where it's going to go. Last time I had to stop because life got very overwhelming and I needed to free up more space and time. Funny enough it's sort of like how I journal. I'm very good at it for a while and then I stop. So who knows where this attempt will lead.

One important lesson that I learned though is that this time I will not delete all of the prior posts if/when I stop. Last time I did and I think there were some really good posts that I should have kept. Oh well, live and learn, isn't that what this journey is all about.

No comments: