Sunday, December 10, 2006

christmas meme

Why do I like memes so much? I don't know I guess because they're mostly fun and goofy. Since it 'tis the season here's one for the holidays that came from a couple different sources:

1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?

um....both?

2. Turkey or Ham?

turkey

3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?

It used to be real but we got tired of dropping needles, the cat drinking out of the water at the base, and are worried about our new puppy so it's artificial and pre-lit for the next 10 years (or as long as the darn thing lasts).

4. Decorations on the outside of your house?

No. We enjoy them but not enough to take the time to put them up. All our lights and decorations are on the inside except our wreath

5. Snowball fights or sleddin'?

snowball fights, definitely. But only if Steve is on MY team because he's the best shot.

6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?

No, no, no, no and no. In case you didn't get that...no

7. Favorite Christmas song?

oooh, that's a toughie but if I had to pick only one I would say Adestes Fidelis because that's the song I always remember hearing as a kid when my Mom would start baking fruitcake (scroll down to November 16).

8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?

I mostly seem to prefer the classics...the cartoon version of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", "It's a Wonderful Life", "Frosty the Snowman", White Christmas" and the like.

9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?

Anytime before Thanksgiving

10. Stockings before or after presents?

Stocking as soon as you get up.

11. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?

I adore Christmas carols and carolers. For many years we used to go out caroling but my kids no longer want to do that and it feels silly to go out by myself. Unfortunately no one else comes around otherwise I would gladly listen.

12. Go to someone else's house or they come to you?

We split it up

13. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?

We don't read any particular ones, we put out lots of books for people to read and enjoy. When the girls were little I would read a different chapter or story every night but they think they're too old for that now so we don't. I miss that time when we would all cuddle on the sofa and read Christmas stories.

14. What do you do after presents and dinner?

Jig-saw puzzles, drink tea, crack nuts, chat, relax

15. What is your favorite holiday smell?

I don't really have one unless it's fresh baking cookies...wait, that's anytime

16. Ice skating or walking around the mall?

No mall if I can at all avoid it. I like to send Steve if I really have to. Truthfully internet shopping has been a blessing in disguise.

17. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?

We always open one present on Christmas eve (and it's always a brand new pair of pajamas to wear to bed) and save the rest for Christmas morning.

18. Favorite Christmas memory?

S's first Christmas...she was so little and didn't even know what the holiday was about. Steve and I stuffed her into a Christmas stocking, it was rather silly but it was amazing to have this little gem of a person to share it with.

19. Favorite Part about winter?

How the snow blankets the scenery and makes it look so wondrous, all the trees and bushes, etc, decked in their winter finery.

20. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?

Yup!

If you're reading this you're next!

No comments: