Tuesday, January 01, 2008

cards done

Christmas cards are done and gone. Thank you notes are also done and posted. 364 days to figure out a better way.

Here's a perfect cartoon for this time of year:
from my favorite cartoon Sherman's Lagoon

Every year I swear I'm going to be so organized. Most years I'm better than this year but at least they got out on time. Most years I get the cards out early enough to send them to Santa Claus, IN for a special cachet; very cute and worth the extra postage. This year? Oh well. Next year? I dunno, maybe if I start now?

I also usually send a picture of the girls. You know, so everyone can see how much older they are (a whole year, really) and still feel connected to us by this, as my friend Sue says, "truly American way of staying in touch." This year? No picture. Mostly because all three of them did not want to take pictures. "I look terrible" "You're not going to take a picture are you?" "Why do we need a picture" "I'm having a bad hair day" every excuse in the book even though they all look beautiful and it could have been cute. It's getting to the point where I think next year I'll have to throw a pair of antlers on the dog and send his picture instead.

Now there's an idea. Take a picture of the dog now. Address the envelopes now. Then I could be 360 days ahead of the game. Of course that means I would have to remember where I stash the cards for 2008.

1 comment:

eatme_delicious said...

I love Sherman's Lagoon! I can imagine myself doing something like that - trying to be so organized and doing cards early and then forgetting where I put them. Thanks for stopping by my blog! And for putting me on your links list. :)