Sunday, January 28, 2007

household meme

Ooh, another meme...fun fun fun! This one is from Sallie at A Gracious Home

Here goes:

Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?
Yes, I have several and I love them all

Baking – Favorite thing to bake
snack bread

Clothesline – Y/N?
Yes, luckily on my covered porch so I don't have to worry if it rains

Donuts – Have you ever made them?
Yes but not in a long time

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day
Pick up the kitchen desk - it's my hot spot

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes, in the basement

Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
No, we have a septic so it wouldn't be a good idea anyway

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
the world wide web...you can find anything there

Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
It's okay, can be soothing but is not high on my list of favorite activities

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
Yes, 2nd drawer to the right of the sink

Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
wood cabinets and floor, very old country heart pink themed wallpaper that I plan to change one day - as soon as I figure out what I really want.

Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Making good meals for my family

Mop – Y/N?
Yes

Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
Don't wear them

Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
Both, depends on what's cooking

Pizza – What do you put on yours?
sauteed onions peppers and cheese, mmmmmmm

Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
read or knit

Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
No, scrips and scraps of paper all over the place, I really need to do something about that one of these days

Style of house – What style is your house?
colonial, beige with rust colored shutters and brick

Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
Yes. Every day.

Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
Organized

Vacuum – How many times per week?
Once a week, easy with my trusty roomba

Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
seven or eight

X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Yes

Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
Hubby mows the lawn and trims trees, I'm supposed to weed and take care of fruit/herb gardens

Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
wipe down the kitchen sink

Who's next?

No comments: