Wednesday, August 08, 2007

more than one

Melissa's moving, K is running and more. Lots of people seem to have more than one blog. It's an interesting thought because I've sometimes wondered if I should start another one...but then I wonder what I would write. Then I wonder why I write.

I know some of the people who read this are family and friends. Just keeping up with me and my musings. Some people find me because of the meme's that I irregularly participate in. And then there are those who find me by accident.

When I first started writing it was to document what was going on in my life. Life got really busy and I began to post less and less "thoughtful" posts. I confess that I mostly use this blog as a "happy place." I don't tend to talk about the not-so-nice stuff that is going on in my life. It's a sweet reflection of all the good things. I sit down occasionally and browse through the good bits or the funny bits and it makes me feel better. I do wonder how many people really care about what I got at the farm or how my knitting meeting went, etc. But I'm writing mostly for me and so I don't get worried overanalyzing that.

I do have some favorite bloggers who write long, thoughtful, interesting posts and I wish I could be more like them, especially bloggers like Dawn. I have other favorites who are so funny I can't wait for their next post like Laurie and BooMama (please write faster I need all the laughter I can get) and I certainly wish I could be more like them.

Every now and then there is a rant but not often. Most people who respond to my posts do so off-blog (which I find pretty funny).

I don't know how people find the time to write so much. I would like to write more but then I wonder what I would write about. In addition to blogging I journal. I've recently started an art journal with thanks to Hanna for sharing such a lovely list of inspiration links. I have a couple of other journals including a daily journal that I just got inspiration for from craftster. I find that I'm really enjoying the creative aspects of journaling. I've never included a lot of photos or graphics on my blog; as I've mentioned I don't have time to scrapbook. But the journaling is done in small bits so it seems easier to handle.

I find that I keep thinking the if/thens of life. If I get this organized then I'll have more time. If I make it to this point then things will calm down. Never seems to happen. But I certainly don't blog that much, probably don't have time to create another blog, have no idea what else I would blog so I guess that answers that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hee hee! I found this so amusing how you worked out your answer ;-)

I'm going to be closing down Little Woolgatherings once I have transferred some posts. I felt I was getting too personal, in a way. My other is going to be friendly, but factual.

Just keep doing what works for you!

heidi @ ggip said...

Hi. Thanks for entering my contest.
I see you are a knitter too. I'm just a beginner really.

K said...

Mira,
You have lots to write about! I love keeping up with you and all that you do. You are the reason I have a blog in the first place!

The reason I have more than one is because I am a freak of nature and I have to compartmentalize things. Notice the middle syllables of that word... mental. Yep. That's me. I figured a lot of homeschoolers probably don't care much about my running and my running friends don't care much about my homeschooling, so the two blogs were formed. Then of course I started my nature blog which is rarely updated and my poetry one which should NEVER be! LOL

Whatever you decide, I will follow you to as many blogs as you have. I like keeping up with you, even if I don't comment very often.

Love you!