Tuesday, August 09, 2005

soup

I came home from work today to find D had enlisted V and her father to chop chop chop. She is in a soup mood and is creating a "summer soup." Unfortunately it's a hot soup. Her soup creations tend to be very delicious, she's good at creating them sans recipe. But a hot soup today seems a bit much.

For our dinner tonight I had planned an Indian style meal with gifts from my friend Rita: paneer, lamb, meatball things, and lentils. I'll make basmati rice and pan warm some flat bread to stand in for the naan. I also have some leftover cucumber-mint soup I made the other day. It's delicious and very easy to prepare.

Chilled Cucumber Soup with Mint Leaves

2 Cups plain yoghurt
3 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 Tablespoons fresh spearmint leaves chopped
salt to taste
2 teaspoons ground cumin

Place all ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth, ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with a mint leaf if desired.

Very refreshing on a hot day and a perfect side dish for a spicy Indian meal.

No comments: