Wednesday, February 28, 2007

wfmw - charitable donations



It's Wednesday, time for more tips! Don't forget to check out Rocks In My Dryer for more cool wfmw tips.

It's that time of year again...getting ready for tax season. I have a file folder that I keep in my desk marked taxes. Anytime I make a charitable donation I throw the receipt in there. If I write a check, I make a copy of it first. If it is mileage related (driving for a field trip is tax deductible) I write when, how far, why and stick that in the file. I also keep a list of what items are worth in there to account for my donations to Goodwill. Then at tax time I can pull out the folder, go through it and everything is in one place. No scrambling for checkbooks, trying to remember what happened a year ago, no wondering if I've forgotten anything. It works for me.

No comments: