Saturday, January 06, 2007

ten things i love that begin with k

Dawn and her fabulous letter pickers have assigned me the letter K, thanks guys! So here's my list, in no particular order:

1. Kids - especially mine, but others too. I find their perspectives on things to be so unique and they are all so wonderful in their own way, I really enjoy spending time with them.

2. Kitchens - some are admittedly better than others, but I love working in the kitchen (and it's even better when I can work with my kids!), baking, canning, reading cookbooks, eating, when I have tea parties we all seem to hang out there, it's a great place to be.

3. Kisses - what's not to like? :-)

4. Knitting - if you've read this blog you know that I have a knitting group called Stitch Sisters. Each of these women is so special and important to me. I love that we get together and enjoy some female time and also craft and do charity projects together. I also like creating knitted objects. When I'm done I'm always amazed at how those two sticks and string have turned into something completely different.

5. Knowledge (and learning) - I am a big proponent of education, both self-taught and in school. I believe it is and should be an important part of everyone's life. We are never to old to stop learning new things.

6. Kale - sounds silly but I really do like it. It's a nutritious food and very tasty. My favorite way to make it is stir-fried with garlic and pignolis.

7. Kaleidoscopes - I have always been fascinated by these. My grandfather used to have several and now my dad has some. They're neat to look through and see all the different patterns.

8. Keyboard - another way to say piano. I've always enjoyed listening to others play them, especially my kids. I have in the past taken lessons and one day hope to do so again.

9. Kittens - another way to say cats since all kittens eventually become cats. I love cats, I think it's genetic as my grandmother was absolutely mad about them, my mom too and we always had them growing up. There is something special about a warm bundle of purring fur sitting next to you.

10. Kneading - what you do when you make bread. Very relaxing and the end product is wonderful.

If you want to play too just leave a comment and I'll pick a letter for you.

No comments: